Originating portfolio: ALU
Estimated expiration: 2032-Jun-01
Potentially relevant companies (1): Akamai Technologies Incorporated
Products & technologies (2): Content Management, Video:Streaming
A method for delivering multimedia in content delivery networks, comprising:
- receiving requests directed to a content delivery network CDN for media objects,
- checking whether the media objects have associated a web resource which is enabled to be multicast,
characterised in that, if a configurable threshold of requests is reached, the method further comprising:
- retrieving the requested media objects and subsequent media objects associated with the same web resource,
- retrieving a set of cacheable objects to serve the received requests for media objects,
- packaging the retrieved media objects and cacheable objects into a multicast channel 300,
- associating the multicast channel 300 with the web resource,
- sending a notification 207 from the content delivery network CDN including response information 210 in order to enable a decision on whether to use the multicast channel 300 for delivering at least one of the retrieved media objects.
Availability date: Available now
Interested in licensing a slice of this patent? Contact us to take the next step, or read about our method to understand the logistics.