Method and device for processing multimedia data and communication system comprising such device
Originating portfolio: NET
Estimated expiration: 2028-Feb-21
Potentially relevant companies (4): Charter Communications, Inc., Comcast Cable Communications LLC, Cox Communications Incorporated, Time Warner Cable Enterprises LLC
Products & technologies (2): Broadcast:Television, Cable Services
DE60 2008 020 896.6
A method for processing multimedia data,
wherein first multimedia data corresponding to a TV channel is converted into second multimedia data such that a receiving network element of the second multimedia data utilizes a receiver buffering of a reduced duration, comprising the steps:
- receiving the first multimedia data, the first multimedia data comprising a plurality of data units;
- buffering the first multimedia data;
- determining a decoding time for each data unit of said plurality;
- determining delay parameters based on a model, the model emulating displaying the TV channel and a delay for displaying the channel at the receiving network element;
- modifying the headers of data units of said plurality based on the determined decoding time and the determined delay parameters and
- sending the modified data units via an access network to the receiving network element within a time interval according to the determined delay parameters.
Interested in licensing a slice of this patent? Contact us to take the next step, or read about our method to understand the logistics.